Four speakers will update producers and other participants in the specialty insurance markets on the current state of the specialty insurance market. The joint event will include members of the National Association of Surplus Lines Offices (NAPSLO) and Best Review magazine, published by the A.M. Best Company.
Participants in the one-hour discussion will include:
• Anthony F. Markel, Vice Chairman, Markel Corp.;
• Christopher M. Treanor, President and CEO, Mercator Risk Services Inc.;
• E.G. Lassiter, Chairman and CEO, RSUI Group; and
• Daniel Ryan of A.M. Best's property/casualty rating division.
The panel of insurers, wholesalers and analysts will examine the changing landscape for specialty insurance, known in various forms as surplus lines, excess & surplus or nonadmitted coverage. These include coverages typically not available through standard commercial or personal insurance products.
Topics to be covered include:
• Changing loss trends for the specialty lines industry;
• Financial strength of the specialty lines industry, along with a look at impairment trends;
• The impact of AIG, which in recent years has held the largest share of the U.S. market for specialty coverage;
• How pricing and capacity is changing for specialty lines segments, particularly in light of recent financial developments
• The outlook for wholesale brokers and how their role is changing in the current market
• What producers are experiencing regarding placements and how that may change
• What carriers and wholesalers are reporting on regarding submission flow
The webinar is set for 10 a.m. EDT, Thursday, October 30. Registration is free. Participants will be able to pose comments and questions. Register at https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/151421266.
The webinar is available worldwide via internet audio. Audio coverage is available worldwide via the internet. Phone coverage is available in the following countries: United States, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom.
NAPSLO is a national trade association representing the surplus lines industry and the wholesale insurance marketing system.
Best's Review magazine, a publication of the A.M. Best Co., is a monthly news publication serving the insurance agent/broker, carrier and reinsurer community.
Founded in 1899, A.M. Best Company is a global full-service credit rating organization dedicated to serving the financial and health care service industries, including insurance companies, banks, hospitals and health care system providers.